Happy Monday Moanin to all of you. The 2019-20 school year is almost here. During the past several weeks I have reread The Habitudes Series by Tim Elmore. His thoughts and writings are about a belief that there are images that form leadership habits and attitudes. Below are five of my favorite quotes taken from the series. Use them to guide your practice as you prepare for the new school year.
- “Leaders must make sure their emotional tank is full before they lead others. Never lead out of need.“
- “Holding on to the comfort of our past can keep us from grabbing the adventure that lies in our future.”
- ” Rocks are like priorities. Only so many rocks can fit in a jar. Only so many activities can fit in a week. The issue isn’t prioritizing your schedule, but scheduling your priorities. Put in the big rocks first,“
- “Good leaders find a way to connect with people. They earn their right to be followed. They build bridges of relationships that can bear the weight of principle.”
- “Leaders take initiative in relationships. They are intentional about them. They see themselves as hosts not guests, and go out of their way to connect with people and provide for them.”
Thanks to Tim Elmore for the Habitudes. I wish all of you a great week and keep finding the good stuff.