Happy May 2018 Monday Moanin to everyone. For many of you in the Midwest the final few weeks of the 2017-18 school year are winding down. Congratulations! In my recent meetings with school leaders there are a few common themes I takeaway. Most stakeholders in schools are exhausted, anxious, uncertain, stressed, and looking forward to a break to recover, renew, and reestablish the passions that have carried them through this year. As I was preparing to write this, I was impressed and motivated by many thoughts and comments that were posted today on Twitter by several of my PLN members. They are listed below. See if any of these work for you in the closing weeks.
- Lighten up, enjoy people.
- Like your students, not just put up with them.
- Get feedback from your students or staff. What is working?
- Keep encouraging others.
- Don’t confuse your learners, be consistent with your expectations.
- Care about others.
- Pay attention to your newer colleagues, reach out.
- Let people know their work matters.
- Be vulnerable, kids appreciate it.
- See people, not just tasks with deadlines
Have a great week and keep finding the good stuff. Your positive attitude is needed.