Monday Moanin thoughts this on this September morning is especially challenging because today signals the end of summer for many of you. Today is also Labor Day . A day when we celebrate working people across America. There are many challenges across our country with high unemployment, growing poverty, and a movement towards privatization of services that have cost several of our colleagues their jobs or a reduction in pay and benefits. It would be easy to write about these challenges and make this blog a commentary on political issues that impact our profession. Instead, lets take the time to reflect on your work and careers. Hopefully it will help you grow and improve as you begin a new year. To help you with this process, listed below are some questions for you to answer and think about.
- Do you treat your work with respect and appreciate your position?
- Do you treat your co-workers with respect and are you willing to collaborate with them to enhance your own skills?
- Do you understand the magnitude of your position and the responsibility of working with young people?
- Do you provide hope and support for students and colleagues that are struggling with personal issues?
- Do you have gratitude for the fact that you are employed?
- Do you bring passion to your work?
- Do you work hard and always do your best?
Please take a few minutes and think about these questions. Hopefully, you celebrate the work you are doing and begin the new year with a focus to improve and enhance your performance. Good luck and here is wishing that we have full meaningful employment for all very soon.
Quote of the week:
“Labor Day is a good time to examine our work life. Are your work, career, and projects so consuming that you are “deaf” to those around you?” Bud Ozar
Have a great week and keep finding the good stuff.