Happy first August 2017 Monday Moanin to all of you. Recently I have started to reread The Habitudes Series , by Tim Elmore. His vision is that there are images that form leadership habits and attitudes. Below are five of my favorite quotes taken from the first two books in the series. Refer to them often this week and let them guide your practice and serve as a prompt to help set your goals for the 2017-18 school year.
- “Leaders must make sure their emotional tank is full before they lead others. Never lead out of need.”
- “Holding on to the comfort of our past can keep us from grabbing the adventure that lies in our future.”
- ” The iceberg represents your leadership. The 10% above the water is your skill. The 90% below the water is your character. It’s what below the surface that sinks the ship.”
- “Good leaders don’t depend on their position to get the job done. They leverage personal power, not positional power, with people.”
- Leadership is not about your power but your empowerment of others.”
Thanks to Tim Elmore for the Habitudes. I wish all of you a great week and keep finding the good stuff.