For many of you this will be the final week of school before a much deserved spring break. Several years ago I read a blog by Sheryl Nance-Nash about things leaders should say. As a result, I thought it would be a great time to post something similar by listing 5 things we should here often in schools from all leaders. I believe these are some of the right words and phrases that can keep your organization growing and moving in a positive direction.
- “We’re a team and we can do this.” No one takes the credit, the community shares it.
- “I don’t know.” Being honest and not faking an answer helps build trust.
- ” I’m sorry.” When you mess up, own it and then move on.
- ” Where is the learner in that decision?” All things in a school should relate back to the learner.
- “Thank you.” Appreciate one another and recognize others for their contributions to the organization.
This list is certainly incomplete and may be viewed as a start to reflect on and produce a more complete one. Ask your staff, what are the words and phrases we should hear in our school?
Have a great week, break, and keep finding the good stuff.