Happy Monday Moanin to everyone. Wow, we are almost finished and ready to start a long Holiday break. Below is an archived blog from 2013 on my appreciation for Principals. I hope you enjoy it and have a great break.
As we approach another Holiday break I wanted to write about what a great job Principals do in leading their buildings and how much I appreciate their efforts. Listed below are the 1o things I appreciate about them.
- The way they provide recognition of students and staff.
- How they support and encourage teachers with new ideas and strategies.
- Their ability to understand good instruction.
- How they visit classrooms and encourage students to do their best.
- The passion they bring on a daily basis.
- How they accept total responsibility for their buildings.
- Their communication skills and how they use different vehicles to get the message out.
- Their enjoyment of kids and how their decisions are made with the kids in mind.
- How they lead with humility and treat everyone with respect.
- Their ability to provide hope and humor for everyone in their school community.
I appreciate all that you do. You do it everyday with class and integrity. Thank you so much.
Have a great week and find the good stuff.