October 2016 is the time that we celebrate all Principals during National Principal’s Month. What a perfect time to write about what a great job they do in leading their buildings and how much I appreciate their efforts. Listed below are the things I appreciate about them and job they do daily.
- The way they provide recognition of students and staff.
- How they support and encourage teachers with new ideas and strategies.
- Their ability to understand good instruction.
- How they visit classrooms and encourage students to do their best.
- The passion and hunger they bring on a daily basis.
- How they accept total responsibility for their buildings. They own it.
- Their communication skills and how they use different strategies to get their message out.
- Their enjoyment of kids and how their decisions are made with the kids in mind.
- How they lead with humility and treat everyone with respect.
- Their ability to provide hope and humor for everyone in their school community.
Bravo to all of you and thank you for your talent, energy , and skills.
Have a great week and find the good stuff.